Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Lemon Grass Tofu, Stir Fry Seaweed, and Sweet Taro Dessert

I had a busy day yesterday but was still able to maintain my cooking. I did laundry, picked the kids up from school, dropped the nephew off, took my daughter to the dentist to pull out her teeth, went to a last minute call party, and worked out for 2 hours at Lifetime Fitness. Wheew! Long day!

Here are the three foods I learned to cook yesterday:

Lemongrass Tofu





http://projects.eveningedge.com/recipes/crispy-lemon-grass-tofu/

You can find the recipe on the link above. I did not buy the soft tofu and fry it. Instead, I bought the ones already fried at the Asian supermarket. It shortens my time a bit. Also, the only thing different is that I didn't have bell pepper.


Stir Fry Seaweed



This is my 2nd time buying the wrong bag again. I thought it was the one already prep and you can instantly eat it but not. This is the one with the seaweed marinated with lots of salt. I had to soak it with cold water until all the salt was removed. I couldn't find a recipe online to show me how to do this so I just mixed it with some of the seasonings the bag said to use on the back. I used sesame oil, rice vinegar, chili paste, soy sauce, and garlic and kept adjusting till I had the taste I wanted.


Sweet Taro Dessert





I learned this recipe from my sister-in-law and husband. I bought one big taro, cut off the outside skin, and sliced into small pieces. I rinsed it clean. Then, I added it to a pot of water barely above the taro with medium to high heat and wait for it to boil. After boiling, I removed any scum if there was and lowered the heat down to low to medium. As it softens, I just smash until all solid forms are smoothed out. While smashing and stirring, I added one bag of Vanilla sugar and 12 tablespoons of sugar. My husband likes it very sweet so that's why I put a lot. Depending on your taste, you can adjust it. 

Hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment