Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bake Mussels

I love "Bake Mussels". Our family always ordered this dish when we went to "Miyako" to eat. Somehow one day, my sister learned this recipe from her friend. It was so easy and simple to make. I've been making this for my kids birthday parties and I just made this again on Friday night when we were on our mini vacation at the resort in "Piney Shores". Here is the recipe that I learned from my sister.

Ingredients
1 box of mussels on the shell
Roe
2 bunch of green onions
Black pepper
Mayonnaise
Sriracha Hot Sauce



 
First, defrost the mussels. Then, pull the mussels out of the shells and rinse both separately. Dry the shells. Note: Most sushi restaurants keep the mussels whole. However, my family likes to cut out the black soft part of the mussels. It depends on your preference if you want to keep whole or not. Then, chop the mussels in pieces (Some people like it finely chopped but we like it a little thicker). Put the pieces of mussels in a mixing bowl. Chop the green onions in fine pieces and mix in with the mussels. Sprinkle in some black pepper. Scoop 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise and stir in with the mussels. Then, add in some sriracha sauce in depending on how spicy you like it. After mixing everything, you are ready to add it to your shells. Put a little bit of roe (fish eggs) on top of the mussels. Finally, bake at 375 degrees for 25 min.
 
Enjoy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment