Thursday, February 14, 2013

Banh Bo Hap (Vietnamese Coconut Steam Rice Cakes)

Here is the link to the website I learned to make the "Banh Bo":

http://annievang.com/content/how-to-make-steamed-rice-cake-banh-bo



"Banh Bo" has always been one of my favorite dessert. When I was young, my mom use to always make it for us to eat. She use to cook so much and anything you name it, she knows. However, ever since she had her own business, she stopped cooking these different variety of foods and forgot. I had to google myself this recipe. Last year, when I followed a "YouTube" video, I failed. It did not rise at all. Then, my mom thought she remembered so we tried her method and we also failed. I was so disappointed when it didn't come out right. I had to throw it in the trash can and it made my son cried so much. My kids also love to eat this dessert so I told myself I'll one day try again.

Just a month ago, I decided to try again. I found "AnnieVang's website". I love her recipe. It was her recipe that gave me a successful result. This was my 1st batch I made so it was kind of thin but after doing more, I finally did better.
 
 
The next day after this first attempt, I did make a 2nd batch and it was thicker.
 
 
Yesterday night, I did it for "Valentine's Day". I stayed up till 1:30 A.M. to finish my last batch so I can bring it to work for my co-workers. It turned out great! I even created a heart design to match with my holiday theme. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment