Thursday, April 4, 2013

Vietnamese Honeycomb Cake (Banh Bo Nuong)...

Honeycomb Cake (Banh Bo Nuong)...

I have heard from many people that this dessert is very difficult to make. Of course, before I started baking this, I was really nervous but yes very excited to try something new. I learned this recipe from this link:

http://www.the350degreeoven.com/2011/02/cake/banh-bo-nuong-vietnamese-honeycomb-cake/

It was very simple to follow. I tried my first one last night and this is how it looked like... The only thing I saw not satisfactory was that my cake didn't turn out green. I guess I didn't put in food color or the pandan extract was not enough.


 
 
So today, my kids asked me if I can bake another one. I tried one more time, now with adding green food coloring, and this is how it looks like:
 


 
Very tasty and yummy! I would recommend this link. It feels great that I didn't fail on my 1st try baking this due to the recipe I learned from this website. Overall, one idea I really like from learning this recipe is the part of flipping the baking pan upside down on a metal rack to help it from deflating.
 
:)
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment