Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Fettucine Alfredo w/Chicken & Shrimp and Vegetables...

 
 
 
 
 
 
Fettucine Alfredo w/Chicken & Shrimp and Vegetables...
 
For this dish, I didn't do the sauce from scratch. I just went to Target and bought the "light Alfredo sauce" to make it faster for me since it was getting late and I wanted to finish cooking before the family gets home from work. I eat somewhat healthy so if I ever shop for any ingredients, I'll try to buy low fat or light if possible. You can use whichever you prefer. I asked many people how they made this dish so the ideas came from them.
 
Ingredients
2 lbs Chicken Breast chopped into cubes
2 lbs Shrimp peeled and devined
2 Florets of Broccolli
5 Long Carrots (chopped in slanted circles)
Olive Oil
5 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1/3 Stick of Butter
2 Box of Fettucine
3 jars of Alfredo sauce
 
 
Directions
1.) Heat up a pot of water. When boiling, drizzle a little bit of oil and salt in. Add in the fettucine. After 5 to 10 min, test the noodles by using your fingernail to see if you can break it to determine if cooked.  Taste to see if that's the texture you would like from the pasta. Drain in a colander.
 
2.) Heat a pan med to high. Melt 1/2 stick of butter and add garlic. Until golden brown, add in the chicken and shrimp. After cooked, put it to the side in a plate.
 
3.) Do the same method again with the vegetables.
 
4.) Pour the Alfredo sauce into the pan and heat it up med to high. Mix in the vegetables, chicken, and shrimp.
 
From what I heard, some people mix in the fettucine too. However, my family prefers to only add them together when we decide to eat so my sauce and fettucine are separate.
 
Enjoy!
 
:)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment