Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Stir Fried Squids w/Pineapple, Onions, and Cilantro (Muc Xao Khom, Hanh Tay, va Ngo)...

Stir Fried Squids w/Pineapple, Onions, and Cilantro (Muc Xao Khom, Hanh Tay, va Ngo)...
 
I made this last night with my mom. For the first time, I learned how to clean the squids. Thanks to the education from my mommy. She taught me to slice a side of the squid and pull out the insides that included the ink. Then, to cut the head part by keeping the tentacles and discarding the eyes and below. We rubbed a little bit of salt on the squids to clean it and rinsed it with water. Then, we boiled a pot of water and put the squids in there for around 20 sec to clean it even more.
 
Ingredients
2 tbsp oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 white onion, cut into wedges
2 lbs squids
1 large can of Dole pineapple chunks (or fresh if desired)
1 bunch of cilantro
4 tbsp fish sauce
1 tspn sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment