Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Caramelized Fish w/Tamarind Sauce (Ca Kho Me)...

Caramelized Fish w/Tamarind Sauce (Ca Kho Me)...

Today my husband crave for this dish. He taught me this recipe. It's a little similar to "Ca Kho To" but more watery.

Ingredients
  • Catfish - 4 to 5 one inch pieces
  • Fish sauce - 4 tbsp
  • Green Onions minced - 5
  • Caramel sauce - 3 tbsp
  • Red peppers minced - 2
  • Water (2 cups)
  • Sugar - 1 tbsp
  • Tamarind Powder - 1/3 small bag

Instructions

  1. Turn your heat on from med to high. Add in the water, fish sauce, onions, red peppers, powder, and sugar. Wait till it boils.
  2. Then, add the fish in (do not flip over the fish). Add the caramel sauce. Just use a spoon to scoop the sauce and drizzle over the fish when needed to marinade the fish.
  3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
  4. Adjust seasoning to taste according to your preference with fish sauce, tamarind powder, and sugar.



2 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to
    say that I've really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

    Also visit my homepage: hao123

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I checked out your homepage but I don't know how to read Chinese!

    ReplyDelete